First of all, I'm a guy so my opinion about where to put a tattoo on a woman may be a little biased, but on the other hand if you're a woman looking for ideas where to put a new tattoo this might be exactly what you're looking for…
So here are a few ideas for places on a woman's body where you can't go wrong with tattoos:
- Arm tattoo. Yeah, everybody has these so if you're looking for originality don't go this way. On the other hand if it's your first tattoo it can be a good place to start, and if you plan on having several tattoos you will eventually tattoo your arms anyway.
- Back tattoo. Women with tattoos on the back can be really sexy, especially if the tattoo is carefully chosen and made by a good tattoo artist. Several celebrities also have these type of tattoos.
- Leg tattoos. Personally I'm not a big fan of the idea of women with tattooed legs but this is just an opinion. I really prefer the back or the neck or even the back of the shoulder.
- Neck tattoo. Small tattoos on the neck of a woman can make her look great, I especially like to see women with small tattoos of roses or butterflies or something like that.
- Ankle tattoo. These can be sexy too. I don't know if its because the tattoo is close to the woman's foot (only do one of the ankles not both) or because the woman is usually barefooted when you see her tattoo but there is something special about them. I like a tattoo that circles around the leg like a tattooed bracelet or something like that.
As a general rule I prefer small tattoos as opposed to full body tattoos that some people like, but maybe that is just me. Some people like small tattoos of flowers and romantic hearts and stuff like that, but if these don't rock your boat and you prefer tattoos of skeletons and demons then go for them.
And I wouldn't recommend to tattoo the name of your boyfriend or lover because as great as the relation is now things might change in the future.
If you are unsure about what type of tattoo you want when you go into the tattoo shop, ask for a catalog of tattoo designs to you tattooist before hand or wait a few weeks before making your decision so you don't regret it later.